- Cross-Border Technology Transfer: Biological Control of the Fall Armyworm in Asia and Africa. Agrilinks. 7-15-19
- IPM Innovation Lab Conducts Virus Disease Workshop in Nepal. IAPPS Newsletter. 7-15-19
- IPM Innovation Lab Helps Uganda and Kenya Secure Permits to Fight Invasive Weed. Agrilinks. 7-12-19
- Current distribution range of the leaf-feeding beetle Zygogramma bicolorata on Parthenium hysterophorus in Nepal. IOBC Newsletter. 6-28-19
- Big problems, little solutions. Virginia Tech Global. 6-12-19
- New Guide Details Pest-Management Practices for Longan. Entomology Today. 6-5-19
- New research on sustainable agriculture shows why farmers adopt or dismiss nontoxic farming methods. VT News. 5-22-19
- Agri-business Blooms out of Integrated Pest Management Innovation Lab Partnership. Agrilinks. 5-9-19
- Why IPM Adoption if Lower in Developing Countries. Entomology Today. 5-7-19
- Enhancing the Private Sector: Two Teams Collaborate for a Common Goal. Agrilinks. 4-11-19
- Regional teamwork urged for crop pest. China Daily. 4-08-19
- Virginia Tech taps text message services to assist farmers in developing countries. VT News. 4-1-19
- Stakeholders Meet in Nepal to Develop Action Plan Against the Fall Armyworm. IAPPS. 3-29-19
- Program prepares farming communities in Nepal for impacts of a changing climate. VT News. 3-25-19
- Gender Research in IPM: Women’s Empowerment as a Key to Unlocking Food Security. Agrilinks. 3-22-19
- Gender Research in IPM: Women’s Empowerment as a Key to Unlocking Food Security. Entomology Today. 3-15-19
- Preparing for Invasive Pests Before They Arrive. Undark. 3-11-19
- Be Careful with Invasive Pests. Nepal. 3-6-19
- Celebrating Women in Science: Eight Women Breaking Ground in Agriculture. Food Tank. 2-11-19
- Knowledge Management: Online and Offline Tools for Global Success. Agrilinks. 1-29-19
- Nigeria maize production falls as army-worms attack farmlands, spends $532.1 million on importation. Naija News. 12-26-18
- A Dangerous Pest is on its way to Nepal. Spotlight Magazine. 12-9-18
- Global Agricultural Productivity Report enables Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences to expand its global reach. VT News. 12-2-18
- Entomologist from Vietnam gains global perspective at Virginia Tech. VT News. 11-27-18
- Virginia Tech teams up with researchers in Niger to improve livelihoods. VT News. 11-26-18
- Not Just Maize: Africa’s Fall Armyworm Crisis Threatens Sorghum, Other Crops, Too. Prevention Web. 11-21-18
- Not Just Maize: Africa’s Fall Armyworm Crisis Threatens Sorghum, Other Crops, Too. Entomology Today. 11-20-18
- Virginia Tech to host gender and international development conference. VT News. 10-29-18
- Value-Added Food and Processes: Biocontrol Opens New Prospects in the Sahel. Agrilinks. 10-24-18
- Center for International Research, Education, and Development names communications director. VT News. 10-17-18
- Agrilinks Young Scholars Blog Contest: We Have a Winner! Agrilinks. 10-16-18
- Training on Trichoderma and Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria. IAPPS. 10-1-18
- Professor awarded for research contributions and four decades of service. VT News. 10-2-18
- How Science and Extension Services Benefit from International Collaboration. Agrilinks. 9-24-18
- Virginia Tech researchers make small discovery that could keep millions from going hungry. VT News. 9-14-18
Male Out-Migration: A Change in Households, a Change in Public Spaces. Agrilinks. 9-19-18
- Fighting Nature with Nature: Scientists Mobilize Biological Control Against Devastating Fall Armyworm. Entomology Today. 9-11-18
- Fall Armyworm’s Arrival in India Sparks Fear of its Spread Through Asia. Earth Island Journal. 8-20-18
- Virginia Tech’s simple fix for Vietnam cuts pesticide use, sends bugs packing. VT News. 7-30-18
Mapping Climate Change, Invasive Species, and Semblances of Hope. Agrilinks. 4-27-18
March of the Armyworm. Earth Island Journal. 6-6-18
Countries Get Heads Up About Leafminer Invasion Thanks to Virginia Tech. Growing America. 3-9-18
- Biological Control of Parthenium (Parthenium hysterophorus L.) in Ethiopia. IOBC Newsletter. 12-1-18
- Two Sides of the Same Life: Controlling Pests in Cambodia. Global Plant Protection News. 3-1-18
- Two Sides of the Same Leaf: Controlling Pests in Cambodia. Feed the Future Newsletter. 2-1-18
- Bangladesh: Women entrepreneurs produce Trichoderma. Global Plant Protection News. 4-17-18
- IPM Innovation Lab Presents Webinars on Neem and Trichoderma. IAPPS Newsletter. 9-1-18
- BIFAD Award for Scientific Excellence. IAPPS Newsletter. 9-1-18
- Student from Niger with ties to Virginia Tech wins major award. VT News. 3-15-18
- Killer weed in East Africa no match for Virginia’s land grant institutions. Virginia Tech Magazine. Spring 2018
- Killer weed in East Africa no match for Virginia’s land grant institutions. Connected Africa. 1-18-18
- Killer weed in East Africa no match for Virginia land-grant institutions. Augusta Free Press. 1-20-18
- Bangladesh: Women entrepreneurs produce Trichoderma. Global Plant Protection News. 4-17-18
- Virginia Tech provides key intel in U.S. an Egyptian-led battle against a major pest. VT News. 3-30-18
- Using Integrated Pest Management to Reduce Pesticides and Increase Food Safety Agrilinks. 3-6-18
- Countries get heads up about tomato leafminer thanks to Virginia Tech VT News. 3-7-18
- Countries get heads up about tomato leafminer thanks to Virginia Tech. HortiDaily. 3-12-18
- Killer Weed in East Africa No Match for Virginia’s Land-Grant Institutions. CBS. 1-18-18
- University Innovations Cross Borders to Deliver Impact. Feed the Future Newsletter.
- Virginia Tech scientists rally international coalition to stop a pestilent ‘army.’ Virginia Tech News.
- As corn pest ravages crops in Africa, Virginia Tech program leads the charge. Virginia Tech News.
- Scientific Modeling Helps Defend Tomatoes Against Flying Foe. Feed the Future Newsletter.
- Virginia Tech scientist edits new integrated pest management book. Virginia Tech News.
- Virginia Tech program leads international workshops on destructive tomato pest. Virginia Tech News.
- Helping the World Grow Better. Virginia Agriculture
- Early measures to save tomato harvest. The Daily Star
- Virginia Tech expert tapped for United Nations work in Saudi Arabia. Virginia Tech News.
- Virginia Tech scientist works to control insects that attack Niger’s most important food crop. Virginia Tech News.
- Tomato pest devastating to crops. News-press.com
- You say tomato, these moths say dinner. The New York Times
- The Coming Tomatopocalypse: Could a Tiny Moth Make Ketchup Scarce? Civil Eats
- Why We Love Science. The Huffington Post
- Virginia Tech-led training creates greater crop yields in East Africa. VT News
- Virginia Tech Leads Research on Tomato Leafminer. VT News
- Muniappan: Note to Virginia agriculture: Invasive pests edge closer to America’s shores. Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Africa’s Big Tomato Pickle: Miner Grubs are Wiping Them Out. Bloomberg
- Virginia Tech Researcher Sounded Alert on Nigeria’s ‘Tomato Emergency.’ VT News
- Invasive Pest Modeling for Tuta absoluta. Virginia Tech Biocomplexity Institute
- 7 Tips to Keep Pests –and Pesticides–out of Your Garden. Growing Virginia
- IPM Innovation Lab Awarded Ethiopian funding for Parthenium biocontrol. International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences
- Gift from Ethiopian university helps combat crop-destroying weed. Virginia Tech News
- Virginia Tech programs assist earthquake recovery in Nepal. WSLS
- Ag Life: Moths threatening tomato crops. Virginia First.
- Innovation Lab Launches Preemptive Strike Against Destructive Insect in Nepal. Agrilinks.
- Virginia Tech Gets Jump on Destructive Pest in Nepal. August Free Press.
- Invasion of the Tomato Leafminer. Scientific American “Food Matters” Blog.
- Sowing the Future. Virginia Tech Research magazine.
- Virginia Tech program receives grant to improve agriculture in developing countries. WSLS10.
- Virginia Tech awarded $18 million to implement integrated pest management program in developing countries. Digest Project – Feed the Future Innovation Labs and Collaborative Research Support Program.
- Virginia Tech Feed the Future Lab awarded $18 million in funding. Collegiate Times.
- Virginia Entomologist Honored for Work in Tropical Agriculture. India West.
- Parasitic wasp unleashed on insect pest. Inside Science
- Tiny killer wasps deployed in first phase to thwart food security threat in Indonesia. CIAT blog
- Speckled beetle key to saving crops in Ethiopia. Science Daily.
- Speckled beetle key to saving crops in Ethiopia. Phys.org.
- Speckled beetle key to saving crops in Ethiopia,Virginia Tech-Led Researchers Say. Newswise.
- Buried Treasure: Virginia Tech programs collaborate to improve potato production in Ecuador. Agrilinks.
- US scientists use coconut dust for germinating stronger seeds. HindustanTimes.
- Seeding success in India turns coconut dust into gold. Phys.org.
- US scientists at Virginia Tech use coconut dust for germinating stronger seeds. The Economic Times (India)
- US scientists use coconut dust for germinating stronger seeds. Business Standard India.
- US scientists use coconut dust for germinating stronger seeds. Deccan Chronicle.
- $1.59 million grant for international research. The Collegiate Times.
- University awarded $1.59 million to pursue agricultural research in developing countries. VT News.
- Innovation that’s making a difference: Integrated pest management in South Asia. Feed the Future Newsletter.
- Trichoderma fungus to benefit farmers. The Independent.
- IPM IL work covered in Indian newspaper. Prajavani.
For news items before 2013, visit our press archive page.